Software Tool & Die Inc (STD) is very pleased to announce that they have just released an updated version 2015R5 (2015.5.0.50) of their Integrated Foundation Class library for PowerBuilder "Classic", Appeon Web and Appeon Mobile!
The the Application Profiling feature has been available to native PB applications for many releases - but, only when running the application from the PB IDE or when a developer remembered to code the TraceXxxx () commands in their application. The STD Integrated Framework's (version 2015.4.0.43 and higher) Dynamic Profiling feature though can be activated by the application user, developer, QA or Support specialist at anytime by selecting the keyboard CTRL+SHIFT+F2 keys in succession. The feature is also self contained and ready to use at a moments notice with no programming required by the developer what so ever!
Software Tool & Die has released an updated version of their PB Classic and Appeon Framework!
Here's a run down of the major highlights:
1) You can now activate the application Debug/Spy feature in Appeon Web or Appeon Mobile. This feature has been in the framework for quite some time - but, could only be activated via a CTRL+SHIFT+F1 - which of course, is impossible to do from the keyboard in the Web or Mobile devices. Now the Web or Mobile user can use this via the framework`s DEBUG feature and a new icon that will appear.
2) The framework now enables & encapsulates the ability for native applications to load & consume external JAVA Classes from within the PB Application! I have an example application already built and will be uploading this to SourceForge (SF) in the near future. This means that all applications built from the Integrated framework can now fully inter-operate with Java entities directly! Now the future bonus here will be to replicate this feature in the Web Service framework. That will then enable full Java inter-operation in the back end. Not only will that be a bonus for the Web Service developer but ... will then add the ability to consume Java classes in Appeon Web and Appeon Mobile applications as well via WS calls!
3) A new dynamic Application Profiler feature has been added that allows any native PB application to start a "performance trace" anytime when a CTRL+SHIFT+F2 is encountered. While the profiler is available to use from the PB IDE, this enhancement allows you to profile compiled .EXE's now as well. Since the feature is dynamic - even in production - where performance issues often surface versus the development environment, the Application Profiler can be activated to help track down performance issues.
Software Tool & Die Inc (STD) has announced an updated version (184.108.40.206) of their free Integrated Foundation Class library for PowerBuilder "Classic", Appeon Web and Appeon Mobile! It can be downloaded from the SourceForge website available through the link below.
The latest version has been tested with Appeon 2013 R2 and Appeon 2015 (GA) using the official maintenance releases of PowerBuilder “classic” versions 12.1, 12.5.1 and 12.6. Testing inside of PB included Win31 (both p-code & m-code) deployments while testing inside of Appeon included latest Web Browsers, latest Apple Tablet/Smart Phone and Android Tablet/Smart Phone deployments.
The latest version contains the following updates:
- new method "of_get_os_bitness" that returns the O/S bitness
- new Window base Class "wn_validate_master" to handle Active Directory Login processing. This includes the French, Spanish and English abstract classes as well.
- added AJAX image to the "wn_logon_master" Window base class to display/animate when waiting for the DBMS
- fixed an issue with detecting Application bitness when compiled as a 64 EXE (PB 12.6 Classic only)
- and many more…
You can find out more about the changes and updates on Chris Pollach’s blog.
The FC's are *free* and can be downloaded (along with an updated sample Order Entry application) from the SourceForge website
Software Tool & Die Inc (STD) has announced an updated version (220.127.116.11) of their free Integrated Foundation Class library for PowerBuilder "Classic", Appeon Web and Appeon Mobile! It can be downloaded from the SourceForge website available through the link below.
The latest version includes a number of updates, Check them out here!